Board of Directors
Back to Candidates
|Political Party: R |
|House District 36 |
1. What is your view of the 2004 Attorney General Opinion regarding access to streams from county road bridges ?
Public should have access to streams and thus accommodations need to be provided in the forms of gates and / or landings built.
2. In your opinion are public property rights important - often as important as private property rights?
Private property rights are high priority than public property rights.
3. Do you believe the state should be allowed to acquire water rights sufficient to allow major streams to function as natural aquatic systems?
If the state is going to acquire such water rights, those rights need to be paid for to the owners.
4. Are you familiar with and do you support the Public Trust Doctrine?
5. Should we consider the sale of water in Montana’s rivers to be moved out of state?
6. Should the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks remain the sole decision maker for the allocation of licenses and permits that determine who may legally hunt and harvest Montana wildlife ?
7. What should be done to reduce elk populations that exceed optimum numbers as defined in current management plans?
Increase license availability.